Skip to main content

Web Content Display Web Content Display

Incoming students

Breadcrumb Breadcrumb

Web Content Display Web Content Display

General Information

In order to study at our university within the framework of the Erasmus+ Programme, there has to be a current interinstitutional agreement in place between your home university and the Jagiellonian University. We advise you to contact your home exchange coordinator to check if there is any agreement in place.

In order to apply, you should create an account and submit an online application on the following website:

A successful application contains the following documents:

  • Language certificate (see Language requirements below)
  • Signed and stamped application form (you can download it from your account)

Results of the application procedure will be available online in July (in case you apply for winter semester or for the whole academic year) and in January (in case you apply for the summer semester).

If you would like to receive an official acceptance letter (for example for visa procedures), then you should request it via e-mail ( You can request an acceptance letter only after your application has been accepted.

A step by step instruction on how to submit the application is available here.

Applications have to be submitted within the following deadlines:

31 May – if you are planning to study in the winter semester

30 November – if you are planning to study in the summer semester

All medicine students have to submit their applications by 31 May regardless whether they are planning to study in first or in the second semester.


EU citizens can enter the territory of Poland on a basis of a valid travel document (passport/ national ID).

Non-EU citizens need to have a valid visa in order to enter the territory of Poland. In order to obtain specific information concerning visa requirements, you should contact the nearest Polish consular office. List of all Polish embassies and consular posts is available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.


Jagiellonian University does not provide incoming exchange students with any insurance. Students are obliged to purchase health and travel insurance on their own prior to their exchange.

EU-citizens are advised to possess a valid European Health Insurance Card.

Non-EU citizens should purchase relevant health insurance. Detailed information about the insurance can be found on the website of the Polish consular office located in your country of residence.

Upon arrival to Poland, Non-EU citizens may purchase sign an individual medical care agreement directly with an insurer (e.g. Polish National Health Fund, ul. Batorego 24, call centre: (+48) (12) 19488; Falck, call centre: 19675; PZU Życie S.A., call centre: 0801 111 811, etc.). The monthly cost of individual insurance is approximately 50 PLN

Learning Agreement for Studies should be approved by all three parties (student, home coordinator, coordinator at the Jagiellonian University) before the start of the mobility.

In order to arrange your LA, you should choose subjects from the list of courses available on our website in the ‘course offer’ tab. If you would like to choose courses offered by different faculties/ institutes, then you should contact the relevant coordinator and ask for approval.

We advise students to carefully check each subject in USOSweb. In case of any doubts concerning the number of credits of level of course, we advise students to contact directly faculty/ institute coordinators.

Upon your arrival in Kraków, you may introduce changes to your LA. Changes should be made within the first five weeks of the exchange. Students should discuss their planned changes with their home coordinator and with the coordinator at our university.

International Students Office staff is not authorized to sign LA, therefore we request students to contact directly departmental coordinators.

In order to arrange your LA, you should contact the relevant faculty/ institute coordinator. The list of coordinators is available here.

In general, we require incoming students to have a command of English or at least B1.

Students, who would like to attend classes in Polish, should have a command of Polish of at least B2. If you do not have an official language certificate, then you can submit a Language Proficiency Form. This form should be signed by your home exchange coordinator or language teacher.

Native English speakers do not need to provide any proof of their language skills.

Some units have specific language requirements which are detailed below:

Institute of English Studies

If you would like to attend courses offered by the Institute of English studies, then you should prove that you have a proficiency of English of at least C1 level (equivalent of Cambridge Advanced Examination in English(CAE)).

Institute of Germanic Studies

In order to study at the Institute of Germanic Studies, you should have a proficiency in German at level C1 (equivalent of Deutsches Sprachdiplom II (DSD II)).

The Faculty of Medicine

Medicine students are required to have a command of English of at least B2.

At the beginning of your mobility, you should register at the International Students Office. Upon registration, you should present your travel document (ID/ passport) and a copy of your health insurance (for example EHIC).

Our academic calendar is available here.

Click here in order to download our current fact sheet.

Before start of each semester there will be a Welcome Meeting for all exchange students. You will be informed about the time and date via email.