We offer shared (double) rooms in the Bursa Jagiellońska, Bydgoska C/D, Nawojka, Piast and Żaczek dormitories.
Informarmation about dormitories:
- degree of disability – based on declaration and a document confirming the disability,
- orphanage – based on declaration and a document confirming the orphanage,
- distance from the university to the place of stay – declaration and a screenshot from Google Maps confirming the distance from the university (ul. Gołębia 24, 31-007 Kraków) to the place of stay,
- financial situation – declaration and documents confirming the monthly income per family member (for the month preceding the date of application for a place in a dormitory),
After finishing the formalities regarding beginning of your studies at the JU log in to your USOSweb account and go to Common section tab > Applications > Application for placement in dormitory in the academic year 2022/2023 (participants of the Erasmus+ programme) and fill-in the application.
- deadlines – call for applications: from 16th to 23rd January 2023
- announcement of the results: until 25th January 2023
- deadlines – call for applications: 30th January to 6th February 2023
- announcement of the results: until 8th February 2023
Cost of living in dormitory is approximately PLN 500 per person per month. A deposit of approximately PLN 500 is obligatory paid at the beginning of stay. It is necessary to provide a photo for the resident’s card.
Single rooms are not available. Places in particular rooms are allocated by the Inhabitants Council in each of the dormitories. If you would like to live with a particular person, discuss it directly with the person responsible for your check-in on the check-in day.
Rooms are furnished with basic furniture: bed, table, wardrobe, bed cover, bedside lamp. Kitchens are not equipped, usually there are no fridges. There are student canteens in some of the dormitory buildings.
Students may stay in private accommodation. The rent prices vary depending on localization, number of inhabitants and other housing conditions between PLN 800–2000.
There are different housing agencies where students can search for private accommodation: i.e. "Bratniak" Foundation Agency of Housing and Work and Erasmus Student Network.